Mine is a mind that roams a bit. Collects fragments of argument and evidence and then mangles it into a pseudo intellectual pop riff roller coaster, sort of like cooking risotto on a hotplate in your brain. Whilst watching the footie. And listening to a CD. While eating. And talking on the phone. It can be done, but it’s hard work. Especially for the person on the other end of the phone.
But some of you like your food straight, meat or tofu and 3 veg type of fare. You order, you get, you eat, you pay.
With the help of the good folk at wordpress, I will be able to respond to your needs as an audience by instituting, wait for it, STRUCTURE INTO MY BLOG!
On the general pattern menu bar, found on the right, you will see a number of categories. These are effectively sub-directories. You simply scan the categories you want, for posts and comments. So those allergic to sport never have to come into contact with its nuts; conversely, the pitter patter of geographers trying to discern a pattern is yours for the taking, or not.
You, the reader, are in control. See how far we have come as a species?
A quick word on each of the categories on the menu:
- General – I will use this for administrative posts. and the Welcome.
- Pattern – this will be for posts that explore the soft edge of geography, why things are the way they are etc – such as Kenny MacFaber’s great query today about the absence of trot tracks on the NSW South Coast.
- ellipsis – feature type posts, essays, something to make you think…
- out of the past – like the Mitchum movie, this will be smooth and noir, but content will be historical and mostly sport related.
- maps and legends – not sure. love the REM song. love the title. should have been my blog title.
- extra thyme – very excited about this. Recipes and advice on cooking stuff while you watch the footy. And the Ashes in England this year. Hopefully a cookbook comes from it. Peter’s 3-hour meals etc etc.
- urban improvement program – some observations on cities, especially Sydney.
- mug shot – photos from this amateur. everyone’s a photographer…
- -verse – could be inverse converse perverse obverse adverse reverse, but it’s just some poems and kids’ books and things, often based on nursery rhymes, which you might like, especially if you have kids (of all ages).
- crowdfun – this will be like an ideas trash and treasure, all the dodgy or brilliant ideas from my notebooks and piles of “lifeplans” that I know I will never get to implement. They are yours for the taking. Or use the page to reshape them into workable ideas that we could have a crack at. Therapy for me, op shopping for you. Everyone’s a winner.
- leverage – links to other sites, youtube clips such as the Lene Lovich already posted, and the odd movie, book or music review.
Now, clearly, I would be remiss if some of my posts didn’t demand recognition in a couple of categories. Stick with it, I’ll try and get some logic into it, and also serve up something for everyone fairly regularly. Oh, and if you came looking for anal retentiveness, you need your eyes checked.
Here’s the REM song as a reward for those who made it this far. Thanks for coming!